In 2014-2015, OSCA advocated for a membership fee aligned with Oklahoma school counselor salaries.
For only $25.00/year, members receive:
- Discounted quality professional development at our Annual Conference, which brings national leaders in school counseling to Oklahoma.
- Free professional development on the OSCAR, TLE and ASCA Model at our annual Summer Institute.
- An opportunity to participate in the annual School Counselor of the Year event.
- An opportunity to be recognized for achieving an OSCAR.
- A quarterly professional newsletter specific to Oklahoma school counselors.
- Communication regarding innovations in the school counseling field.
- Collaboration with the Oklahoma State Department of Education.
- Training through the American School Counselor Association, since OSCA is the only state-chartered ASCA organization in Oklahoma.
- Pride in the knowledge that your membership fees support a scholarship for a graduate student in school counseling.
- Leadership that is informed through involvement with ASCA, including annual attendance of Board members at the ASCA Leadership Development Institute.
- An opportunity to apply for an Emerging Leader Grant that supports attendance at the American School Counselor Association (ASCA) Annual Conference.
- An opportunity to apply for the RAMP Scholarship which supports Oklahoma School Counselors achieve the recognition of running an ASCA RAMP school counseling program ($400.00 dollars will be paid to ASCA on the recipient's behalf).